ARMOURED CIT VEHICLE-MERCEDES ACTROS
- Choice of wheelbases, 4×2, 4×4, 6×4, and 6×6.
- Separated compartments, with steel partition, for cargo and guard.
- Guard’s compartment and vault area built with ballistic steel.
- Vault accessed through a rear swing out door, fitted with electronically controlled safety lock.
- Windows and gun ports on both sides, and into the vault.
- Armoring integrated inside the vehicle’s cab to form a self-supporting structure.
- Heavy duty hinges with built in door stop.
- The interior armor overlaps surface armor components like the doors and windows.
- Reinforced hinge mounting points support different components like the pillar and the door.
- Fuel tank, brake air cylinders, and battery protected with steel armored plates.
- Glass and steel are tested and certified as per European standards.
- Armoring materials are ballistically certified by independent laboratories.
- Beschussamt Munich tests limits of materials, and efficiency of assembly solutions.
- Dual levels of quality control test for steel sheets: according to supplier standards, and standards of Beschussamt Munich in Germany.
- B4+ (AK47 standard ammunition, VPAM APR2006 level 6).
- B6 (assault rifles with ball ammunition, CEN1522 and 1063 level 6 – VPAM APR2006 levels 7).
- Floor protection against two DM51 hand-grenades/ HG85 fragmentation grenades.
- Higher protection available up to landmines such as DM31.