MSPV’s GMC Savana CIT Van is available in protection levels B4+ (Kalashnikov AK47 7.62×39 FeC) and B6 (7.62×51 M80 and 5.56×45 SS109 – NATO and US assault rifles). All four sides and the roof of the passenger compartment are protected using high-quality armour steel and glass to defeat the chosen threat-level. The vault can be protected using either anti-effraction steel or ballistic armour steel against level B4+.
The floor of the vehicle is protected against blast and fragments of explosive threats such as the industry-standard two DM51 hand-grenades or two HG85 fragmentation grenades. Higher blast protection available up to land-mines such as the DM31.
GMC Savana CIT Van
- The armouring is integrated inside the vehicle’s cab and forms a complete self-supporting structure so as to avoid excessive stress on the vehicle’s original body.
- The interior armour-frame provides overlap for the large- surface armour components such as the door armour-plates and the windows.
- Hinge mounting points are reinforced both in the pillars and in the doors in a way that the armouring of the door is supported by the armouring of the pillar.
- Heavy-duty hinges with built-in door-stop.
- The fuel-tanks are protected with steel armour-plates.
- The battery and control module of the engine are protected to the same level as the opaque areas (up to level B6).
- The Guard’s compartment is separated from the driver’s cab by a partition with lockable sliding door.
- The Guard’s compartment is separated from the vault area by a steel partition and is accessed by a side-door.
- The vault can be accessed through a door in the partition with the guard’s compartment. For loading, the vault can be accessed by a rear swivel-out door.
- Emergency exit roof-mounted hatch.
- All doors and the hatch can be fitted with electronically-controlled interlocking high-security safety locks. Additional manual bolt-locks on all doors.
- DVD recorder with up to 8 channels for perimeter surveillance and monitoring.
- Vehicle tracking system, communications equipment, PA system.
- Armoured radiator grill, heavy-duty ram-bumper, run-flats, etc.